Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Victorian Wedding Bouquet



Here is my passion . . . French Beaded Flowers.

If you've never heard of French Beaded Flowers, you are not alone. This is an art form that dates back to the 1500s, and consists of stringing tiny glass beads onto wire, and then shaping the wire into petals, leaves, and flowers.

I've been learning how to do this for the last 6 years (I'm a slow learner when it comes to anything artistic or creative!)

The picture is of my Lily Bridal Bouquet.

Here is a top view:




It's so much fun to have a passion for a certain craft or art form!

In all the years that I prided myself for being a left-brained logical Spock, I never realized how much I was missing!

Now I know . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! i love that bridal bouquet. i really appreciate all that work that's behind, allthe delicate process and every detail . my mom is a florist and i njoy seeing her working on this. Greetings !!